Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FF14 benchmark

Go down 
+9
TagUrDead
Nam
Tomoshio
Tiny
Johnnyorks
Kuro
Harima
takk
Angelea
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Spazzy

Spazzy

FF14 benchmark - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 7:47 am

Hmm not sure so much if its a glitch... this is what SE released on the 30th. They nerfed rapid and made standard the one your supposed to use.

A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.

[Date & Time]
Sep. 30, 2010 at 1:00PM (PDT)

[Affected Service]
-FINAL FANTASY XIV

[Important Update Details]

* Updates pertaining to synthesis are as follows:
-Fixed an issue where synthesis was prone to failure due to the effects of basic synthesis actions (such as "Standard," "Rapid," and "Bold") not working correctly.
-As a result of an adjustment made to the basic synthesis actions, using "Rapid" commands will incur a higher loss of durability and using "Standard" commands will incur a lower loss of durability.

* Fixed an issue preventing players from exchanging /tells and other chat commands.

* Fixed an issue causing the "Hasty Hand" ability to succeed regardless of synthesis difficulty under certain conditions.
NOTE: This issue was addressed during the version update performed on Sep. 29, 2010 at 3:00AM (PDT). We apologize for the late announcement.

Link ->http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=72c69870d77cc384065488ea6ba9ed1d634376f2
Back to top Go down
Harima

Harima

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:54 am

ah patch notes one of the things nexon is too understaffed to provide XD

PERKS!

FF11 only 15 buck

This takes effect at Jan 2011 gogo become ff11 account holders XD
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:03 am

So for those who play the game should know there's a lot of graphical settings that don't really make sense if you are a computer noobie.

I did some searching around and found some info on the graphical settings for FFXIV.
(written by some dude on ffxiv forum)

===========================

Video Settings Tab:

Display Mode:

Full Screen runs the game in full screen mode and displays at the Window Size setting.Windowed runs the game in a window and is also displayed at the Window Size setting. SLI and Crossfire WILL NOT RUN IN THIS SETTING.

Window Size:

Your games resolution. (1920x1080, 1280x720 etc...) It is best to set this to your monitors native resolution if you are running in full screen mode.

Mulitsampling:

This comes in 2x MSAA, 4x MSAA, 8x CSAA, 8xQ MSAA, (16x CSAA, 16xQ CSAA - x16 only available for Nvidia Cards) for FFXIV. These settings reduce the jagged edges around 3D models. The higher the multiplier, the smoother the 3D models will be. Also, if it is set higher, it will require more GPU power.

Buffer Size:

The buffer size is most easily described as the resolution at which the game is rendered, or created to be shown on the screen. If the setting is set to "Resolution" it will render the game at your games Window Size Setting. If set to "Double", it will render it at double the size of your Window Size setting and squeeze it down to fit into your screen. (Example: Your window size is set to 10x10 and you run at double buffer, it will render it as if you had a 20x20 screen and then shrink it to fit into the 10x10 screen.) That allows for a more crisp looking game, but requires a lot more gpu power to run. I would not recommend running this setting unless you have a monster of a graphics card. The other settings: Half, Quarter, Three-Quarters and Two-Thirds do the same thing as double, except instead of shrinking to fit the resolution, they must grow. This severely reduces the visual quality of the game but simultaneously requires less graphics card power.

Shadow Detail:

This can be set to Lowest, Low, Standard, High and Highest. Obviously, these settings change how well the graphics appear in the game. The lower the setting, the less graphics power is needed and vice-verse. Personally, I don't noticed much of a difference, if at all between highest and standard settings.

Graphics Tab:

Ambient Occlusion Check Box:

Ambient Occlusion, or AO is yet another setting that requires a monster of a graphics card to run the game smoothly, and is from what I have heard, currently buggy in FFXIV. This setting enables life-like reflection of light across objects. It is hard to describe in words, so here is a video of AO in action or check wiki on what it means:

Depth of Field Check Box:

This setting enables depth of field vision in the game. It makes closer objects clear and distant objects blurry. Example: It simulates what happens if you hold your hand up to your face and focus on it. If you try this, you may notice that everything in the background becomes blurry. This setting requires quite a bit of graphics power.

Disable cutscene effects Check Box:

If you have this checked, you can skip the intro and any other cutscene by hitting ESC on the keyboard or cancel on your gamepad. There will be a sign "Skip" on the bottom right corner of your screen.

Texture Quality:

This setting can be set to High, Standard and Low. The higher the setting, the higher the resolution of a texture is applied to a 3D model. The higher the resolution, the more pixels there are on the model, which in turn makes a more detailed character or object. Again, the obvious trend is the higher the setting, the more graphics power is required for the game to run.

Texture Filtering:

This setting can be set to Highest, High, Low and Lowest. Texture filtering smooths the pixels of different colors on a texture together, creating a less blocky and more realistic 3D object or character.

Extra In-Game Settings:

There are four extra settings that can be turned on or off in-game and can improve performance if turned off.

Character Shadows:

This completely turns on or off shadows around player characters and NPC's. This setting should be turned off if more FPS is needed because of insufficient graphics power.

Dust Effects:

I am pretty sure this is the effect that shows when your character is running and grass or dust 'poofs' up around your feet while running. If your graphics card needs more breathing room so you can achieve better fps, this may improve your fps a bit if turned off. However, I am not exactly clear on what this does. If anyone can clarify, that would be great.

Extended Drawing:

This setting turns up(on) and down(off) the maximum distance that is allowed for objects (such as plants) to be rendered. Turning this off greatly increases FPS.

Physics:

This setting turns on and off character physics. If turned off, your characters hair and clothing will no longer move when you turn or blow in the wind. This also turns off the neat 'lean' effect while running and turning. This setting should be turned off if you have a weaker CPU and are getting low FPS because of a CPU bottleneck.

==========

the GTX 460 768mb version I'm using seems to run all settings on max quite well - so as long as I don't have anything else open (e.g. mabi's, warcraft). If I have other games open then it starts to get somewhat choppy at max settings. In my personal experience, ambient occlusion and depth of field are the two settings that use the most on your graphics card.
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 3:14 pm

I have returned to post my benchmark once more and leave Angelea's GTX 465 in the dust.

FF14 benchmark - Page 7 Benchmark03

And this is Angelea's 465 breathing in my 460's trail of smoke from behind - ough* ough*

Back to top Go down
Harima

Harima

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:31 am

reserving this slot to smoke takk!

Harima wrote:
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1125216p1.html?_cmpid=ign1161

FFXIII-2 might happen

I hope they give us a real world map instead of the linear storyline...
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 am

Spazz, I'll take.. Bronze Haubergeon.. if you have one. If not I'll try to find one in game. I might message you in game in you don't see this tomorrow.

Hm.. you're level 20 armor right now. It might be hard for you to make this, since it's a level 25 skill.
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Kuro I can make them.... its just that i'v only succeeded on 3/5 attempts.... so it's a questionable success lol

If you message me while I'm at the armorers guild, I'll make a few more attempts to make one for you though Smile

Back to top Go down
Harima

Harima

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 9:06 pm

https://apps.facebook.com/chocobos/

go forth and breed more chocobos.
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Its official... Wutai is a withering backwater server... max online population this week? about 1.2k >_>
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 1:48 am

If you ever read this Spazz, we quit after a month. Their game is very uninteresting.
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:34 am

you quit, im still playing.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Playing my ass, I check your stats it's still the same since I quit.

I may be back in march.
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Im going to endure this game for now... its free for now so i can spend 40$ on a foot massage instead of rebirths lol...

The nerfed the SP system and all my miqo quest companion ever talks about is... yah

and i read this... i come to this forum lots <3

Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 5:08 pm

I couldn't even play the story. I almost fell asleep trying to do it.
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:47 pm

yah story seems to waste 20-50 minutes just walking, but iv also heard notorious mobs are coming lol

although they made it easier to rank up jobs 1-32 but 33-50 got a ton harder... so ill be watching for PS3 release and more people to grind with :S
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Check this out! this patch fixed so much crap lol... it also added DoH armor that gives me 112 craftmanship at 32 lol, so its easy to craft now

Notorious monsters, new armor, faster UI added as well as a christams event!~

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=118361d49c4585897065ce5c7d870ca7878fddac
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Still does not want to make me play again. These bugs should of been fixed during official release rather then 2months later. I'll wait a little bit and see.
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:32 pm

I suppose ill just post the patch notes here to bump this thread lol... new version update today albeit a useful one:

Late-December Version Update (12/20/2010)
The final version update of the year will introduce the item search function, which players may use to search through retainer bazaars in market wards to locate specific items. The date and time of the version update are as follows.

◆Date and Time
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.

◆The Item Search Function
This version update marks the first of several that will introduce improvements to item-based searches. The features to be added this time are listed below.

A search option that tells players how many items of a certain type are being sold in the market area with which that item type is associated.
Retainers returned by a search now have a distinguishing icon displayed above their head.
* Searches can be conducted by selecting the item search option at the entrance to any market, or from within any individual ward, row, or den.

With the introduction of the item search feature, it will now be significantly easier for players to locate specific items. We will continue to improve this system with further enhancements such as keyword-based searches, the ability to show the retainers selling an item at the lowest prices for searches returning numerous hits as with synthesis materials, and more. Concrete details regarding such information will be released in future Topics posts here on the Lodestone as they become available.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Are there any lag while using the search function?

Btw, I think during character creation. It's useless creating other races when you do not get any special bonus for picking those races. The official website implied before official launch, by picking specific races. One would attain additional stats for those characters. Otherwise I wouldn't have made that character during official release.

Another false advertisement and disappointment for SE..
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Well the search function takes like 2 seconds since its all indexed, so its pretty much the same as using the housing board. Only downside is that its ward specific, but they say theyre going to change that later.

The race stat thing is sorta true, but the bonuses are really subtle... it shows you the base stats of a race when you pick gender and race, but it usually only differs by like 2 or 3. ex: Miquote has more Dex and Hyur Male has more Strength than the Female Hyur. I suppose it could also be refering to the elemental thingy that does almost nothing... lol
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am

Here's a monster final fantasy players would know of

Some other monsters...

Last edited by takk on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:23 am

Spazzy wrote:

The race stat thing is sorta true, but the bonuses are really subtle... it shows you the base stats of a race when you pick gender and race, but it usually only differs by like 2 or 3. ex: Miquote has more Dex and Hyur Male has more Strength than the Female Hyur. I suppose it could also be refering to the elemental thingy that does almost nothing... lol

If I knew from the beginning it wouldn't be like so. I would have created a Hyur.

The race stats.. it needs a wider difference. Little stats difference like that doesn't feel much of a difference. I also meant, the speed of each character's movement. Now I would expect the character I created should have a larger verity in stats and movement speed, but in the end resulted. -.- I wasted my money on this shit game. (Not as much as Tiny)
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:32 am

eh you could have created Hyur from the start. I told you the stats were the same regardless of race lol. shoulda been lalafell like me =D
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:43 am

Female Hyur was the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

FF14 benchmark
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dreams (Public) :: General Discussion-
Jump to: