Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FF14 benchmark

Go down 
+9
TagUrDead
Nam
Tomoshio
Tiny
Johnnyorks
Kuro
Harima
takk
Angelea
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kuro

FF14 benchmark - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:28 am

Where's your official source about prepaid cards. All I've been reading are they are considering other options. It's not a guarantee that prepaid will happen.

If they are doing prepaid, it has to be a credit system like Nexon. Otherwise I highly doubt they are doing prepaid cards. It's $13 per a 30-days cycle, plus the additional $3 per a character creation. The 30 days cycle they are doing is to be more beneficial for casual players. Instead of a month - month upkeep in your subscription. You will only pay to play for the amount/days being logged in the game. This is from what I've been reading, of course things may always change during official release.

It doesn't matter to me, either way I'm getting rid of my Mabinogi gold in transaction for other games/stuff.
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 4:57 pm

OK so credit cards are better... that means less raging five year olds :]

Anyways... FFXIV is starting to become an addiction.... mabinogi's was getting repetetive but these graphics and the armory/class system are so cool!

FF14 benchmark - Page 5 FFXIV1-1

Yush I even got a tail!.... though the harpoon looks like three skewered doughnuts... and it took forever to get soz...
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 6:10 pm

Final Fantasy XIV Official Release Opening Cinematic!

Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:23 pm

Did anyone else pre-order the collectors edition?

I did cause it supposed to give you an 8 day head start on the others buying the standard meh.... Anyways, really looking forward for retail and I hope to maybe play with some of you guys heh~

Ul'dah FTW
Back to top Go down
Tomoshio

Tomoshio

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:08 am

Man if ff14 was a movie i would love it >:[
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:14 pm

I think i'll switch to Wutai to play with you peoples... trying to communicate with all the Japanese players isn't working out all to well for me x_x
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:29 am

Spazzy wrote:
I think i'll switch to Wutai to play with you peoples... trying to communicate with all the Japanese players isn't working out all to well for me x_x

There's a shitload of japanese players in every server. Wutai too, they are everywhere in Wutai.

-----

Anyway, I've recorded 3 of the newbie beginner towns you can start in to give an idea of what the continent of Eorzea looks like.

Double click on the clips to watch in fullscreen and watch in 1080p if your internet CAN STREAM FAST ENOUGH!

The Black Shroud - Forest Town of Gridania

La Noscea - Shipping Town of Limsa Lominsa

Thanalan - Desert City of Ul'Dah

and.....no vids are complete without some damage showing ho ho ho. (Using Water I in this clip)

Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:38 pm

I'v decided to rush crafting (for the money) in the 8 days before standard release, and I'v decided to make a short comparison of zones to go with Q's vids. Sso this is for people who might still be deciding on a city-state based on resources.

As i see it:
Gridania pros~ Good for Disciple of Land gathering/ the field gathering locations are bunched into or close to sections of the forest making them easier to locate and farm/ Carpenter and Leatherworking facilities

Gidania con~ Long small paths and rooms make the mob groups hard to avoid multi-agro (bad for Marauders)/ less mob drop materials (crystals and shards) for basic crafting

Limsa Lominsa (La Noscea) pros~ Easy to get mob drop materials for crafting (sheepskin, mole tendons, formic acid, flax, crystals etc.)/ nicely spread out resources and mobs/ armorer and blacksmith's guild

Limsa Lominsa cons~ Seems like the most people congestion around the aetheryte camps/ high level mobs are mixed in with the low level (Dodo + Roseling = Death)

Ul'dah pros~ Easy to get ores, minerals and gems (for added convenience the mobs drop ore and raw gems too)/ good concentration of lower level mobs/ weaver, alchemist and goldsmithing guilds/ some basic mob drops can be bought from guilds <- Helpful

Ul'dah cons~ Resources from the land are spread pretty far apart

In the official retail release it is speculated for the drop rates to change, stores to sell more stuff, and for leve quest quota's to change, so this may not or may not remain accurate :]
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Good, post your Wutai IGN for me to avoid. Actually, your experience with each area are much different from ours. I'm not going to say, unless Q wants to. =P
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 12:49 am

Some Nerd went through the trouble of making a proper explanation of the fatigue system.

This video is the reason why Angelea should play as a casual player and can't go crazy!

Back to top Go down
Tomoshio

Tomoshio

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:12 am

I lol'd @ my friend today...
guess what he told me..
"I'm playing ff13, becuz ff14 comes out this dec .... the online one"
" I'm like u moron it's already out in beta"
" NO IT'S NOT OUT YET!"
" You fail in updating urself."

...... I guess I wasn't that ..... unupdated on games now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Harima

Harima

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:28 pm

there are gameplay footage of ff13 versus leaked online, but since yesterday square has been vigilantly removing them. Still if you find them I recommend viewing it. It is pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 3:28 pm

If you were talking about this trailer, it was shown a long time ago. It was just repeatedly uploaded every time it was taken down.
Back to top Go down
Harima

Harima

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 pm

no I said gameplay footage not trailer the annotations in your video link to a crappier version of one of them
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Kuro wrote:
Good, post your Wutai IGN for me to avoid. Actually, your experience with each area are much different from ours. I'm not going to say, unless Q wants to. =P

Aww i'm not a that bad anymore, and its going to be a fun new start :]

I spent all the time crafting and resource gathering so i suppose i neglected the combat system... but making money is addictive
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Oh, I miss read your previous comment. To make it up here's the actual ones, Lols

Versus

Agito

Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:22 am

Here are some interesting news for those who will be playing FFIV.

SE has already banned all Chinese IP addresses from the global FFXIV servers, believing it will cut down on real money trading. That means too bad for Chinese players. I did encounter some bots that were advertising to sell gil and power leveling during beta, Lols. With their current chat system, bot advertisement was very annoying and noticeable. They should have the chat system change to make it more social-able, since SE does want more social networking.

The bot sellers were way over price, earning money and levels in the game isn't hard. It's not worth your time and money visiting them. You can make a few 100k gil just from doing a few quests. The harder the objective on the quest the more profitable your reward is.

FFIV has also lunch a Lodestone, which is a profile of your main character's achievement and status. Right now it's only available to Beta players. An account creation on SE FFIV site is required.

Link to the Lodstone. http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com

The following are the times that Special Edition Players are able to log on the game on upon FFIV global lunch.

* JST September 22 @ 10:00 (10:00am)
* GMT September 22 @ 01:00 (1:00am)
* EST September 21 @ 21:00 (9:00pm)
* CDT September 21 @ 20:00 (8:00pm)
* MST September 21 @ 19:00 (7:00pm)
* PDT September 21 @ 18:00 (6:00pm)

Also for those the Special Edition players, the effect of the Onion Helm (15290 Durability) reduce death penalty from 5mins - 1.5mins. Pre-order FFXIII Asuran Armguards (13000 Durability) effect increase weapon and tool affinity.

Snap shots of the Onion Helm and Asuran Armguards from testers.
http://www.ff14news.com/wp-content/gallery/2010-09-15-special-item-preview/armguards.jpg
http://www.ff14news.com/wp-content/gallery/2010-09-15-special-item-preview/onion-hat.jpg
http://www.ff14news.com/wp-content/gallery/2010-09-15-special-item-preview/special-items-2.jpg
http://www.ff14news.com/wp-content/gallery/2010-09-15-special-item-preview/special-items-3.jpg
Back to top Go down
Tomoshio

Tomoshio

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:47 pm

Chinese IP ban... doesn't work lmao .... It will only take them a few secs to get back into the game o-o;
and trust me... china has a lot of... proxy for gaming Smile
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:31 pm

This is the deal with the whole china thing...just google 'final fantasy xiv china'
There's lots of info on it

Sept 16

Today, Square Enix has announced they will be teaming up with the Chinese based Shanda Games Limited to bring Final Fantasy XIV to China, marking it the first Final Fantasy title to be officially released there. In accordance with Chinese regulations regarding online gaming, the game servers will be separate from servers for North American, European, and Japanese players. This partnership is a big step in Square Enix's plan to open their markets to a more global community.
-----

They will have their own separate servers and we can't play with them and they can't play with us coz they that special yo.
The GM will be none other than Pres Hu Jin Tao himself who will monitor the millions of citizens who play it ho ho ho.
Back to top Go down
Spazzy

Spazzy

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Oh goody, I hope Hillary Clinton is our GM.... yummy :]
Back to top Go down
Tomoshio

Tomoshio

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 pm

I really can't imagine .. chinese player playing ... FF14.. why ? cuz the internet sucks there... and even if u have a nice high speed internet.. u need it to be like SUPER SUPER high speed so you wont lag in a game >.>;, You know chinese ppl aint rich .. i am pretty sure not a lot of families are actually willing to pay for high speed internet..
and when they have proxy for the games it seems more fast for some reasons o-o;!!
Back to top Go down
Kuro

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:53 am

This game isn't about internet connection, like Mabinogi. It's about if you're hardware can handle the game.

Last edited by Kuro on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Harima

Harima

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:12 am

you don't need low ping in most mmos. mabinogi you needed it because combat is like twitch reactions or like a shooter. proxies also make ping higher no matter what because you're adding that much more to your routing path to the server.
Back to top Go down
Tomoshio

Tomoshio

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:03 am

actually no .. if ur in china trying to play dota or wow... without a proxy it actually makes it lag more, for some reason i guess it's cuz how they ban everything ...
Back to top Go down
Tiny

Tiny

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:20 am

FF14 benchmark - Page 5 960911157

upgraded my net!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FF14 benchmark   FF14 benchmark - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

FF14 benchmark
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dreams (Public) :: General Discussion-
Jump to: