Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheLostElf

TheLostElf

Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's Empty
PostSubject: Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's   Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's EmptyThu May 26, 2011 2:50 am

An interesting article I came accross.

Quote :
Prison bosses made more money forcing inmates to play games than they do forcing people to do manual labour," Liu told the Guardian. "There were 300 prisoners forced to play games. We worked 12-hour shifts in the camp. I heard them say they could earn 5,000-6,000rmb [£470-570] a day. We didn't see any of the money. The computers were never turned off.

Quote :
"If I couldn't complete my work quota, they would punish me physically. They would make me stand with my hands raised in the air and after I returned to my dormitory they would beat me with plastic pipes. We kept playing until we could barely see things," he said.

Full Article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/25/china-prisoners-internet-gaming-scam
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

PostSubject: Re: Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's   Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's EmptyFri May 27, 2011 2:52 pm

omg o.o;;;
Back to top Go down
http://www.1227.com
cassa

cassa

PostSubject: Re: Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's   Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:18 pm

My thoughts exactly Cass... lol... Only solidifies what your parents tell you about online games/chat rooms, be careful who you trust. Geez...

On another note I don't really see grinding for gold in an online game as a worse punishment to starring at a brick wall then again the punishment for non-achievers would be painful so I guess they better hope they are good at online games :S!
Back to top Go down
Tiny

Tiny

PostSubject: Re: Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's   Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's EmptySat May 28, 2011 6:37 pm

you mean better at using computer and being smart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's   Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's Empty

Back to top Go down

Prisoners in China used for farming gold in MMO's
Page 1 of 1