Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Computer Topic

Go down 
+9
Sirfalas
Lamm
TheLostElf
Cobalt
archetype
Johnnyorks
Angelea
Nagii
takk
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Ask anything about computers and hopefully get a reply.
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:15 pm

@Angelea you know the tweak you provided me for my SSD to not use pagefile or whatever, it's not suppose to remember browser passwords right? So if it is remembering my login details to dreams site and other site (for google chrome) is it not working?
Back to top Go down
Nagii

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Any recommended ways to bypass Mabinogi IP block? D:
Trying to log on since its winter break.
Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 pm

takk wrote:
@Angelea you know the tweak you provided me for my SSD to not use pagefile or whatever, it's not suppose to remember browser passwords right? So if it is remembering my login details to dreams site and other site (for google chrome) is it not working?

I noted after the pagefile tweak. IE = Internet Explorer.

Angelea wrote:
Note: by doing this, everything is stored on the ram, this also means IE will NOT remember previous logins, any password saved will not be saved, etc. Firefox works a bit different.

Open IE and test if it remembers your info, etc.
On Firefox, you can disable the same functions under Tools -> Options, disable history and disable remember password.
I never used Chrome, but I'm positive you can do the same thing.

The password storage portion isn't that big of a deal, it's the browsing history that read/write to your SSD a lot. The tweak is to reduce the read/write portion while browsing internet.
Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:42 pm

Nagii wrote:
Any recommended ways to bypass Mabinogi IP block? D:
Trying to log on since its winter break.

The term you are looking for is IP Proxy... as for how to do this, you better find someone who actually have a trusted (and free) USA IP Proxy and know how to set it up. I sure never done it before, never needed to. Just remember it is not always safe to trust any proxy on google as the data packets travels thru their network.
Back to top Go down
Johnnyorks

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:30 pm

What was that processor you recommended q? i lost the link
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 am

Johnnyorks wrote:
What was that processor you recommended q? i lost the link

i7 870 from MC. Confirmed with mike already it's a good buy! Dan's getting it.
Back to top Go down
archetype

archetype

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:44 pm

how do you not lag when using fraps and get a good quality recording at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Cobalt

Cobalt

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 2:56 pm

archetype wrote:
how do you not lag when using fraps and get a good quality recording at the same time?
^ That. I've been trying to record LoL gameplay lately in hopes of recording some funny moments with all of us in vent but when using it my FPS drops to the 20s which is un-playable. Only sometimes when I try I can get a decent FPS that I can stand. I have no idea how people are able to record without any lag and upload on to Youtube.
Back to top Go down
TheLostElf

TheLostElf

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 7:27 pm

Cobalt wrote:
archetype wrote:
^ That. I've been trying to record LoL gameplay lately in hopes of recording some funny moments with all of us in vent but when using it my FPS drops to the 20s which is un-playable. Only sometimes when I try I can get a decent FPS that I can stand. I have no idea how people are able to record without any lag and upload on to Youtube.

As with any game, get better graphics card. But if you want to record your Rammus getting owned Fred, I can do that for you.
Back to top Go down
Cobalt

Cobalt

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:32 pm

TheLostElf wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
archetype wrote:

As with any game, get better graphics card. But if you want to record your Rammus getting owned Fred, I can do that for you.

S'IL VOUS PLAIT!!! My Rammus owns, you should see my Vlad. Fken pentakill some muddabitches.
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Speaking of graphics cards, my GTX 460 is holding well in Dragon Nest but performs very poorly when trying to fraps. I haven't tried 8v8 pvp in Dragon Nest yet, so dunno how that would go.
Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Cobalt wrote:
archetype wrote:

This is a very good question actually.

Typically, video recording not only requires GPU power, but also a lot of CPU and Memory.
So you have to ask yourself, do you have enough of both.

The built-in mabi recording software sucks. The setup is to record on the same hard drive you are running your game and most of the time your operating system also. This creates massive amount of latency writing the video recording.

Now there are recording software like fraps as takk uses. Same rules above applies. But I believe you can set the recording to another drive (maybe a dedicated hard drive for this). This will enable some free bandwidth.

If you STILL feel massive lag, I recommend a video capturing card. You can read all about it on Nvidia website, that is if you can afford it. (there's cheaper ones out there ^_^)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_sdi_capture_us.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133347&Tpk=quadro%206000 - check the specs on this baby!
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 1:36 am

takk wrote:
Speaking of graphics cards, my GTX 460 is holding well in Dragon Nest but performs very poorly when trying to fraps. I haven't tried 8v8 pvp in Dragon Nest yet, so dunno how that would go.

Forgot to mention I had 8-10 Mabi's opened at the time I was recording Dragon Nest. Although all they were all minimized to enchance performance supposedly, I dunno..may have slowed down my recording also. Maybe thats why I lagged. I'll try recording again in DNest later without anything else open and we'll see.

As for those Quaddro cards ANG! Will consider it when I win Division 1 jackpot thx!
Back to top Go down
Cobalt

Cobalt

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:13 pm

Angelea wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
archetype wrote:

This is a very good question actually.

Typically, video recording not only requires GPU power, but also a lot of CPU and Memory.
So you have to ask yourself, do you have enough of both.

The built-in mabi recording software sucks. The setup is to record on the same hard drive you are running your game and most of the time your operating system also. This creates massive amount of latency writing the video recording.

Now there are recording software like fraps as takk uses. Same rules above applies. But I believe you can set the recording to another drive (maybe a dedicated hard drive for this). This will enable some free bandwidth.

If you STILL feel massive lag, I recommend a video capturing card. You can read all about it on Nvidia website, that is if you can afford it. (there's cheaper ones out there ^_^)
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_sdi_capture_us.html
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133347&Tpk=quadro%206000 - check the specs on this baby!
Capture card? I have a Dazzle which is an external capture card I used to use to record console games, but not sure if I could use it in this case. I'll look into it though, thanks.

The Computer Topic Pinnacle_Dazzle_DVD_Recorderz82Standard
Back to top Go down
archetype

archetype

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:01 pm

holy shit. 4k?! not buying that shit.
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Is it possible that a computer may freeze from Memory sticks being too hot? I touched it and it frekn was so hot almost burned my fingers.
Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 8:48 pm

takk wrote:
Is it possible that a computer may freeze from Memory sticks being too hot? I touched it and it frekn was so hot almost burned my fingers.

Yeah, any part of the computer being too hot can crash it. Heat = performance deterioration.
There are memory cooling solutions out there, might want to consider one if you push your computer a lot.
(simplest way is to just add a memory fan)
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Angelea wrote:
takk wrote:

Yeah, any part of the computer being too hot can crash it. Heat = performance deterioration.
There are memory cooling solutions out there, might want to consider one if you push your computer a lot.
(simplest way is to just add a memory fan)

Alright will look into that. I'm usually running at 90-95% of my memory hours on end. Now I know wth is crashing my PC.
Back to top Go down
Lamm

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:19 am

I've had this PC set back in '09 as a budget PC game my friend put together for me. Lately it hasn't been doing so well. I feel as if its not performing as well as it used to.

When I'm at school, I only use my old 20 inch 1050p monitor I got a long time ago. At home I dual screen with my 780p HDTV/Monitor. Lately 1080 monitors have been getting cheaper. I'm about to grab the next ASUS 23-24inch monitor sooner or later and I thought it would be a good time to upgrade my video card as well.

My goal is to be able to run 3 monitors, if I want to. I'm planning to have the 20inch on side to side with the new 23/24inch monitor imma get, and mount the HDTV on the wall.

My main monitor -> new 23/24inch for Blu Ray video/ Movie/Gaming
Secondary Monitor -> Internet Browsing/ Gaming
Third Monitor -> Mostly TV, but if needed, I want to be able to use it as the 3rd monitor.

My Motherboard:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131324
Current Video Card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125244

I havent upgraded my computer at all. my HD initially was a caviar blue WD 500gig and it's just half way full. My 4gig ram and processor is fine for now. I thought upgrading to a blu ray player and monitor, and might as well upgrade my VC would be a nice treat.

Suggestion on a GC would be nice. I'm looking for something with at least 1 HDMI and 2 AVI input. And preferable something on sale.

Thanks in advance

Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 3:34 am

Are you planning on running 3 monitors simultaneously?
If that is the case, None of the current single Nvidia GeForce supports that, unless you crossfire SLI 2 video cards. In your case, your crossfire on your motherboard is impossible due to 1 PCI-E x16 slot.

By looking at your motherboard, u have a few choices.

I noticed you have an onboard video card aside from your graphic card.
You can try finding some way to activate it and use it with any other video card.

(note: a lot of time motherboard company limits the onboard video card so it deactivates when you plug in a real graphic card. I did it on a POS Dell desktop before that required some BIOS hacking.)

If you manage to activate it while using your current card, you can pretty much get any video card you want.
Depending on your budget. Nvidia Geforce GTX460, GTX470, GTX480 are all great cards for gaming.

Get this video card, supports up to 6 monitors... if it's not out of your price range.
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102888

SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102898
SAPPHIRE Active DisplayPort Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999030

Normal video card can only support 2 monitors due to limitations of 2 single clock. DisplayPort however uses it's own clock. The adapter will allow 3 monitors to connect. It either get the adapter or get a 3rd monitor that has a DisplayPort. My Dell Ultrasharp U2410 has it Smile

edit add: make sure you have enough juice in that power supply of yours.
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Since we're on the topic of GPU's, I'd like your opinion on this one;

$270 GTX560 SOC < click me
Core Clock: 1000mhz
Shader Clock: 2000mhz
Memory Size 1gb
Processor Cores: 384

or

$350 Standard GTX570
Core Clock: 732mhz
Shader Clock: 1464mhz
Memory Size 1280mb
Processor Cores: 480

so basically....clocks vs memory size/processor cores - whats better for gaming
According to a lot of benchmarks in pretty much every major pc site, they perform almost identical.
http://www.guru3d.com/article/gigabyte-gtx-560-ti-soc-review/
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=28624
http://www.techspot.com/review/359-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560ti/page2.html
Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 12:18 am

Looking at the bench mark, that GTX560 is amazing... get 2 and crossfire it!
Either that or wait for GTX570 superclock ver.
Back to top Go down
takk

takk

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 11:02 pm

When you buy an Asus Mobo, you don't need to buy a case. You get one for free.

Good deal from Asus in my opinion;

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/asus-turns-motherboard-packaging-into-a-pc-case-2011033/
Back to top Go down
Sirfalas

Sirfalas

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Power Supply?   The Computer Topic EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:55 pm

My 3-year old dell inspiron 530S desktop simply won't turn on. And I'm pretty sure it's due to an issue w/the power supply; the internet and some acquaintances all said the same thing. To be sure before I order the part I want make sure it couldn't be anything else. My concern is that when I plug in the computer a little amber-colored light goes on on the inside. The internet says it's related to my lan connection and it's running off of stand-by power. If this is the case, does that still mean it's the power supply that needs replacing?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=544915549#!/profile.php
Sponsored content

The Computer Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Computer Topic   The Computer Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

The Computer Topic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next