Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WoW account? wtf?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelea

Angelea

WoW account? wtf? Empty
PostSubject: WoW account? wtf?   WoW account? wtf? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:54 am

So i got this email from Blizzard and I don't even have a WoW account haha.
I can't imagine someone using my email to open an account either.

Quote :
World of Warcraft Account NoticeWednesday, April 21, 2010 1:37 AM
Greetings,

An investigation of your World of Warcraft account has found strong evidence that the account in question is being sold or traded. As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with Blizzard's EULA under section 4 Paragraph B which can be found here:
WoW -> Legal -> End User License Agreement
and Section 8 of the Terms of Use found here:
WoW -> Legal -> Terms of Use

The investigation will be continued by Blizzard administration to determine the action to be taken against your account. If your account is found violating the EULA and Terms of Use, your account can, and will be suspended/closed/or terminated.
In order to keep this from occurring, you should immediately verify that you are the original owner of the account.

To verify your identity please visit the following webpage:
http://www.battle.net/account/support/login-support.xml

Only Account Administration will be able to assist with account retrieval issues. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, and your continued interest in World of Warcraft.

Sincerely,

Account Administration
Blizzard Entertainment
Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

WoW account? wtf? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW account? wtf?   WoW account? wtf? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:55 am

I'm gonna guess it's someone who's trying to get my non-existing WoW account info by phishing.
Back to top Go down
Harima

Harima

WoW account? wtf? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW account? wtf?   WoW account? wtf? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm

the link and the sender are both extremely hard to replicate though;@blizzard.com & battle.net. If it really is something evil I would place my bets on that opening the e-mail itself loaded something problematic onto you computer. I also see it more likely that a botter randomly generated your e-mail coincidentally, but I could be wrong. Very interesting.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

WoW account? wtf? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW account? wtf?   WoW account? wtf? EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Send a ticket to Blizzard and have that account deleted. Lols
Back to top Go down
Angelea

Angelea

WoW account? wtf? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW account? wtf?   WoW account? wtf? EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 am

although the email said noreply@blizzard.com, i replied anyways saying "go ahead and deleted my non-existing account" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WoW account? wtf? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WoW account? wtf?   WoW account? wtf? Empty

Back to top Go down

WoW account? wtf?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dreams (Public) :: General Discussion-
Jump to: